Join our dynamic, fun-loving and inspired team!
Juliska is all about creating and living "L'Amour et Savoir Vivre" -- Savoir Vivre is making time for the people and things you love. It's adding beauty to each moment and rejoicing in it, laughing with friends until your belly hurts. . .it's fresh flowers on your table and cloth napkins at every meal. . . it's not skimping on the things you love and thankfulness for what you have. Savoring the moment, loving your life, being bold, making your own rules and always finding reasons to celebrate! This is the essence of Savoir Vivre -- the art of knowing how to live well.
o Are positive, upbeat, collaborative and fun-loving
o Understand that everyone is born with buckets of creativity
o Are expected and empowered to bring ideas and solutions for continuous improvement
o Are creative problem solvers who understand that they will never have quite enough resources for the job
o Love a fast paced environment where their talents may often take them outside their standard job domain
o We work hard, play hard and laugh a lot
If you would like to explore employment opportunities at Juliska, kindly forward a copy of your resume and a to the point cover letter, identifying how your fabulousness would contribute to our mission and enhance our culture
465 Canal Street
Stamford, CT 06902
Design Manager - Stamford, Ct
- Gathers market data on key fashion trends and analyze what competition is doing to bring new business opportunities to the team.
- Collaborate with Design Director on conception of the product line and seasonal themes.
- Integrate new, creative techniques and processes for unique and exclusive future products.
- Create, execute, and ensure product design technical packages are complete, accurate and handed off to agents and vendors.
- Develop and manage seasonal calendars and meet all deadlines.
- Communicate with agents and vendor’s on day to day basis product developments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure vision and execution alignment as well as successful product launch. Developing partnerships to leverage expertise and streamline process.
- Ability to grasp multifaceted business strategy by cohesively addressing the retail and wholesale needs.
- Availability to travel domestically and/or internationally 1-2 year.
- 8+ years hardline product design experience across multiple categories including tabletop, lighting, lifestyle gifts, and/or home décor.
- Proficiency of Adobe Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to produce conceptual hand renderings.
- Ability to create print and pattern repeats.
- Experience working with different manufacturing and production methods across glass, ceramics, metal, resins, wood, natural fiber, and textiles.
- Experience with “holistic” design – both product and packaging vision.
- BA/BS Required.
- Previous experience in Merchandising welcomed.
- Good sense of humor, roll up your sleeve attitude and willingness to multitask!