Reporting to: CEO, dotted line to Chief Creative Officer.
Team: Content Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Graphic Designer. Currently outsourced PR and social media
This position is in the powerfully collaborative Charleston headquarters with some remote work opportunities. The position oversees both Juliska and Capucine De Wulf brands (estimated to be 85% Juliska, 15% CDW)
The Brand Director will be responsible for creating and executing marketing strategies to build the Juliska and Capucine De Wulf brands. The Brand Director will elevate and uphold each brand voice and values through effective partnership with the Creative and Sales team leaders. The successful candidate will demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the brand voices, exceptional writing and editing skills, a clear vision for effective brand videos, a mastery of customer engagement and advertising strategies across digital and traditional media. The candidate will have experience building a lean but high performing marketing team. The Brand Director will be the company leader in developing authentic and emotionally compelling brand stories.
Management of the Brands
- Acquire full understanding of each the brand voice and values and deploy it across all marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with the Founders and key leaders to specify content requirements to be produced and strategically deployed across appropriate media.
- Collaborate with ecommerce team to ensure effective brand stories are integrated into the web experience
- Own all copywriting and video to support content and ensure excellence in editing for voice, tone and clarity
- Identify and manage brand partnerships, collaborations, and public relations to reach strategic marketing goals. Manage events and campaigns accordingly.
- Gain consumer insights through research that lead to more effective sales, product and brand strategies.
Building and Executing Strategy
- Create and own annual marketing plan to achieve brand and market objectives.
- Build and own annual marketing budget and calendar to support the plan.
- Take accountability for performance against budget throughout the year.
- Supervise internal and external resources to achieve strategic marketing objectives.
Storytelling & Customer Engagement
- Creation and execution of stories: build internal and external resources to tell authentic inspiration, artisan, education, and product stories to increase audience and engagement through digital, social and print media
- Manage internal and external resources to produce all collateral to optimize sales and engagement.
- Lead or support special events for Wholesale, Trade and Charleston Flagship consumers.
Leading & Collaborating
- Manage, develop, and grow the marketing team to support the marketing plan and maintain flexibility to respond to a wide range of audience requirements.
- Build collaborative and productive framework for cross-functional communication with all key internal customers including Design, Creative, Wholesale Sales, Retal sales and Ecommerce leaders.
- Collaborate with Creative and Merchandising to share consumer insights for new collections
- Collaborate with Wholesale Partners to capitalize on opportunities for synergistic events, content creation and advertising
Requirements for Success
- Demonstrated history of generating compelling multimedia content, press features, and brand partnerships
- Mindset of an editor committed to developing the brand voice and deploying it to tell unique stories
- Proven track record of managing a team and developing talent
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational skills.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
What we’re looking for
- 8+ years’ experience in marketing leadership with a luxury/discerning brand
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or public relations preferred.
- Retail/Wholesale brand experience is preferred