Join our dynamic, fun-loving and inspired team!
Juliska is all about creating and living "L'Amour et Savoir Vivre" -- Savoir Vivre is making time for the people and things you love. It's adding beauty to each moment and rejoicing in it, laughing with friends until your belly hurts. . .it's fresh flowers on your table and cloth napkins at every meal. . . it's not skimping on the things you love and thankfulness for what you have. Savoring the moment, loving your life, being bold, making your own rules and always finding reasons to celebrate! This is the essence of Savoir Vivre -- the art of knowing how to live well.
- Are positive, upbeat, collaborative and fun-loving
- Understand that everyone is born with buckets of creativity
- Are expected and empowered to bring ideas and solutions for continuous improvement
- Are creative problem solvers who understand that they will never have quite enough resources for the job
- Love a fast paced environment where their talents may often take them outside their standard job domain
- We work hard, play hard and laugh a lot
Our culture highly values these top attributes in all Juliska leaders.
- Have a general life outlook of optimism and gratitude
- Enjoy being self-directed to “find a way” to get objectives achieved with minimal supervision
- Are able to “rally” those around them to pursue and achieve a goal
- Are confident and concise communicators - able to hold the attention of a small group.
- Embrace collaboration in developing ideas for the greater good
- Are able to juggle many projects and regularly re-prioritize the most important
- Are willing to speak out with honesty and candor about the good and the not good
- Are focused on results but willing to take risks and explore new ideas.
- Are willing to roll up their sleeves, lead by example, and address root causes of inefficiency.
- Are able to laugh at them-selves and have fun along the way!
Product Development Manager
Do you love product? Are you very organized and a great communicator? Juliska is seeking a Product Development Manager with keen attention to detail to join our creative, collaborative team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for home products and have experience working with product in a retail setting, with an ability to multitask across seasons with precision and accuracy. She/he will be personable, proactive and a high performer in a fast-paced, growing company.
The ideal candidate for this position…
- Has worked in Product Development for home products, jewelry/accessories OR as a Project Manager with a transferable skillset
- Is experienced in managing overseas vendors to adhere to a strict timeline and has a poised, professional demeanor in doing so
- Is comfortable sourcing and coordinating vendors to achieve target costs and on time delivery as well as enforcing our pre-established vendor agreements
- Supports management with accurate and timely production of samples
- Has a highly collaborative mindset and thrives in a fast-paced small team environment
- Excels with driving cross-functional alignment
- Manages all aspects of product packaging and gift boxing
- Executes QC and testing best practices and in conjunction with Customer Service
- 5-8 years’ experience in product manufacturing or project management
- Bachelor’s degree o Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Technologically savvy, detail oriented and organized
- Strong sense of urgency and problem solving
- Experience using Navision, Data Warehouse and/or Adobe Creative Suite a plus
A hands-on, passionate merchant who loves making product come alive in bricks & mortar specialty stores. They have successfully empowered a high caliber wholesale road force to grow sales. They are a confident leader with fresh ideas and comfortable presenting to groups. They love to travel and build strong partnerships. Ideally, they have a personal love for entertaining at home.
While predominantly managing Juliska Tableware, this position also manages the expanding distribution of our new designer jewelry sister brand Capucine De Wulf and Juliska Lighting to the trade. Experience in jewelry and lighting a plus.
This position is on the leadership team and based out of our Stamford CT headquarters. Approximately 50% of the time travelling and 50% in HQ so must be able to commute to Stamford easily.
Key Position Objectives
- Field Sales Management Juliska & Capucine De Wulf Jewelry
- Achieve sales targets and lead performance indicators
- Develop roadmap for success with each sales rep, territory, and house accounts
- Harvest successful practices from winning retailers and model for reps and emerging stores
- Create successful seasonal in-store events
- Improve staff training, visual presentations and retailer stock management
Management and HQ Team (Internal)
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal leaders to enable clarity and alignment
- Assist forecasting and product development teams with insights from the field
- Align Juliska marketing content and objectives with the unique needs of specialty stores
- Ensure a high level of customer care
The Director of Ecommerce is responsible for all website sales performance, marketing, customer acquisition, user experience, functionality and site flow on 2 websites: Juliska.com and capucinedewulf.com.
As a key consumer touch point, the sites must promote and communicate the unique stories of our high-end brands, while simultaneously achieving monthly sales targets without discounting. To achieve this the successful candidate must be creative, sales driven and show experience in the following:
- Proposing multi-year strategic growth plan and key initiatives to support
- Driving sales through user experience and optimization in a non-discounting environment
- Optimizing ROI on the digital advertising budget.
- Optimizing site flow and functionality by spearheading new ideas and managing the work of our Magento and Shopify development partner.
- Understanding of site merchandising and brand content to optimize visits and sales
- Leverage the unique brand narrative and assets by partnering with the Marketing and Creative teams
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Deep understanding of both sales and analytics (Google analytics preferred)
- Working collaboratively with their team and with other departments
- Ability to lead a team - Complete understanding of web customer behavior as well as luxury retail branding
- SEO/SEM optimization
- Fluency in Magento, experience with Shopify a plus
Juliska: As newlyweds and unabashed romantics, Capucine & David Gooding founded Juliska in 2001 with a small collection of mouth-blown Bohemian glasses. Today, Juliska makes hundreds of products for the table and home inspired by the joy of gathering to create unforgettable moments. Sold through the Flagship Store in Stamford Connecticut, Juliska.com, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, and a thousand discerning specialty retailers across the US and Internationally. www.juliska.com
Capucine De Wulf: Launched in Fall 2017, Capucine De Wulf celebrates Love, Authentic Beauty and Womanhood through gorgeous jewelry. Sold through capucinedewulf.com and a growing group of select US retailers. www.capucinedewulf.com
A delight to the senses
We Are Not:
Stuck in the past
If you would like to explore employment opportunities at Juliska, kindly forward a copy of your resume and a to the point cover letter, identifying how your fabulousness would contribute to our mission and enhance our culture.
465 Canal Street
Stamford, CT 06902