Join our dynamic, fun-loving and inspired team!
Juliska is all about creating and living "L'Amour et Savoir Vivre" -- Savoir Vivre is making time for the people and things you love. It's adding beauty to each moment and rejoicing in it, laughing with friends until your belly hurts. . .it's fresh flowers on your table and cloth napkins at every meal. . . it's not skimping on the things you love and thankfulness for what you have. Savoring the moment, loving your life, being bold, making your own rules and always finding reasons to celebrate! This is the essence of Savoir Vivre -- the art of knowing how to live well.
- Are positive, upbeat, collaborative and fun-loving
- Understand that everyone is born with buckets of creativity
- Are expected and empowered to bring ideas and solutions for continuous improvement
- Are creative problem solvers who understand that they will never have quite enough resources for the job
- Love a fast paced environment where their talents may often take them outside their standard job domain
- We work hard, play hard and laugh a lot
Our culture highly values these top attributes in all Juliska leaders.
- Have a general life outlook of optimism and gratitude
- Enjoy being self-directed to “find a way” to get objectives achieved with minimal supervision
- Are able to “rally” those around them to pursue and achieve a goal
- Are confident and concise communicators - able to hold the attention of a small group.
- Embrace collaboration in developing ideas for the greater good
- Are able to juggle many projects and regularly re-prioritize the most important
- Are willing to speak out with honesty and candor about the good and the not good
- Are focused on results but willing to take risks and explore new ideas.
- Are willing to roll up their sleeves, lead by example, and address root causes of inefficiency.
- Are able to laugh at them-selves and have fun along the way!
Open Positions:Title: Design Director Reporting: To CEO/Co-Founder dotted line to Chief Creative Officer/Co-Founder
Reports: A Design Manager. Dotted line from Senior Manager, Product Development
Location: Stamford, CT
- Present inspired, high value new design ideas to leadership
- Create on-brand seasonal stories, designs and packaging to achieve target pricing in multiple tableware and decorative accessory categories.
- Manage all design elements of assigned products from design concept through final approval and QC standards
- Manage contract artists, ceramic modelers and etc
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to enhance the product line.
- Expand designs into high potential new product categories
Ideal candidate qualifications
- An inspired designer with a passion for beautiful entertaining and gifting
- Experience designing successful products for a high-end brand in the home industry.
- Practical manufacturing knowledge in core materials: ceramics, glass, linens, wood, metal
- First-hand experience managing vendors across the globe.
- A confident team player who seeks broad influence and accountability for creating winning products
- Highly organized and able to prioritize, lead, follow-up and be accountable for deadlines
- A design/art school degree with 8+ years relevant work experience
- Experience designing print and pattern
- A Europhile with a well-travelled background
- Able to travel to vendors across the globe
Title: Director of EcommerceReporting to: CEO and has a team of two direct reports plus contracted digital advertising specialistBased in: Stamford, CT
The Director of Ecommerce is responsible for all website sales performance, marketing, customer acquisition, user experience, functionality and site flow on 2 websites: Juliska.com and capucinedewulf.com.
As a key consumer touch point, the sites must promote and communicate the unique stories of our high-end brands, while simultaneously achieving monthly sales targets without discounting. To achieve this the successful candidate must be creative, sales driven and show experience in the following:
- Proposing multi-year strategic growth plan and key initiatives to support
- Driving sales through user experience and optimization in a non-discounting environment
- Optimizing ROI on the digital advertising budget.
- Optimizing site flow and functionality by spearheading new ideas and managing the work of our Magento and Shopify development partner.
- Understanding of site merchandising and brand content to optimize visits and sales
- Leverage the unique brand narrative and assets by partnering with the Marketing and Creative teams
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Deep understanding of both sales and analytics (Google analytics preferred)
- Working collaboratively with their team and with other departments
- Ability to lead a team - Complete understanding of web customer behavior as well as luxury retail branding
- SEO/SEM optimization
- Fluency in Magento, experience with Shopify a plus
Title: Assistant ControllerReporting to: CFOBased in: Stamford, CT
We are on the hunt for a passionate Assistant Controller who wants to join a small but dynamic private company. The ideal candidate has been in a similar position with a growing consumer products company. They want to join a growing company so they can move the needle and make a big difference. Beyond the required financial acumen, they are highly proficient in excel and managing data and reporting. They are confident communicators in a collaborative environment with the ability to juggle various projects and reprioritizing deliverables.
The Assistant Controller provides day-to-day operational oversight of the accounting function. This position prepares and monitors financial performance and oversees the monthly close process effectively and efficiently. The Assistant Controller analyzes and interprets financial data to provide information on financial performance. This position supervises the Accounting team and their performance and development.
- Assist in managing general accounting and revenue accounting processes and ensuring all timelines are met
- Assist in preparing, reviewing, and ensuring integrity of financial statements
- Overseeing proper reconciliation of all G/L accounts and month-end and fiscal ending closing process
- Reconciling all revenue sources
- Confirming proper treatment and compliance of all accounting transactions under US GAAP standards
- Assist in implementing and monitoring various corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Responsible for timely reporting and compliance of financial information
- Coordinating and working closely with internal and external auditors to achieve successful audits
- Providing leadership and training in various aspects of accounting
- Assist in preparing financial reports summarizing results of operations
- Managing the general ledger, close and monthly reconciliation processes.
- Assist in developing and maintaining policies and procedures manual.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for internal and regulatory needs.
- Ensuring the company meets its financial reporting obligations in accordance with GAAP
- Leading, managing, and motivating staff
- Manage cash disbursements and accounts payable, bank/hedging transactions
- Establish and maintain inventory accuracy discipline in both retail and wholesale as well as set and maintain proper cash and audit procedures in retail stores
- Performing other duties and completing special projects as assigned; prior financial experience in a retail environment is highly desirable.
- Reviewing and advising on internal controls and developing efficiencies
- Assist in the preparation and timely filing of all required tax returns and other statutory filings.
- Support Executive's team reporting requirements and requests as part of Finance decision support
- Assist in creation and implementation of short and long range departmental objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Assist with maintaining Finance organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's objectives to support functional environment
- Continuously improve the accounting function, including development of staff by providing effective coaching and feedback as well as appropriate delegation to staff members; assist with administering annual reviews
- 5-10 years of accounting and finance experience with expanding responsibilities, including supervisory and management experience, with strong knowledge of GAAP;
- Demonstrated technical accounting prowess is essential;
- Demonstrable expertise with Excel and presentation software tools is important;
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written);
- Strong analytical and PC skills;
- Ability to operate effectively at all levels within the organization to accomplish work tasks;
- Self-starter as well as a willingness and ability to roll-up sleeves and be "hands-on";
- Excellent organization and project management skills;
- Demonstrated excellence in managing multiple projects at same time
Juliska As newlyweds and unabashed romantics, Capucine & David Gooding founded Juliska in 2001 with a small collection of mouth-blown Bohemian glasses. Today, Juliska makes hundreds of products for the table and home inspired by the joy of gathering to create unforgettable moments. Sold through the Flagship Store in Stamford Connecticut, Juliska.com, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, and a thousand discerning specialty retailers across the US and Internationally. www.juliska.com
Capucine De Wulf Launched in Fall 2017, Capucine De Wulf celebrates Love, Authentic Beauty and Womanhood through gorgeous jewelry. Sold through capucinedewulf.com and a growing group of select US retailers. www.capucinedewulf.com
A delight to the senses
We Are Not:
Stuck in the past
If you would like to explore employment opportunities at Juliska, kindly forward a copy of your resume and a to the point cover letter, identifying how your fabulousness would contribute to our mission and enhance our culture.
465 Canal Street
Stamford, CT 06902